At Future Law Academy, our learning strategy emphasises experiential, performance-based, adaptive and agile learning which we term PEbAAL (Performance-based, Experiential, Adaptive, Agile Learning).
The PEbAAL pedagogy will be applied across all our learning platforms that integrates content, pedagogical strategies and real world lifelong learning. For example, when a student learns either through face to face learning, e-learning or hybrid learning, the learning experience will go beyond the classroom and into the workplace. We require our students to be exposed to real world setting from the time they start school and continuing their lifelong learning journey. Likewise, when a practising lawyer, in-house counsel or business executive learns through our platform, the emphasis is on real world experience that would boost corporate or organizational performance.
The PEbAAL pedagogy works this way:
- Using design thinking methodology, we start by identifying the problem to be solved or the value to be created. We carry out a user needs analysis to figure out what needs to be done in order to solve a problem or create value.
- If a problem can be solved through learning and development, we then develop a learning roadmap geared towards solving the problem. If the problem cannot be solved through learning problems (for example, personality clashes), we do not proceed with the PEbAAL approach but attempt to solve the problem through face to face human interactions.
- The learning roadmap will comprise the following elements:
- Problem identification
- User needs analysis
- Learning strategy design which will focus on adaptive and agile learning
- Tailored learning contents directed at problem solving
- Integrated learning and development platform backed by a learning and training management system
- Evaluation framework using the updated Kirkpatrick evaluation methodology
- Review and refinement to ensure that the organizational KPIs (key performance indicator) are met
- Academic institutions are encouraged to create a student e-Portfolio that would capture the students’ learning experiences which they can share with their future employers or partners. Organizations that require support to create these cloud based e-Portfolio can contact us.
- Organizations and enterprises are also encouraged to create their own Skills Portfolio for their employees and this can be connected with our knowledge and skills bank that is constantly updated as part of our adaptive and agile learning.
To learn more, visit www.pebaal.com.